Activating Twitch TV on Xbox, PlayStation, and Android: Step-By-Step Guide
If you’re a gamer, you know the popular streaming site Twitch TV, commonly referred to as Twitch. Every day gamers flock to the platform to view streamers playing their favorite games.
If you also want to be part of this online community, you should activate your Twitch account on your gaming console. You’ll be able to interact with fellow twitchers through chat, view streams or start your stream.
The rest of the article will inform you more about the platform and how to activate it on Xbox, PlayStation, and Android.
What is Twitch TV
Twitch is a video live-streaming entertainment hub where millions enjoy sports, music, and cooking content.
However, gaming content makes up the majority of viewership on the platform. Games like Apex Legends, Dota 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Fortnite, PUBG, and Valorant record huge daily viewership.
To download or use Twitch is completely free as long as you have an account. Let’s discuss below what you should do to start using the application on your gaming console.
How to Activate Twitch TV on Xbox
Xbox is Microsoft’s gaming console that offers a variety of games and applications for use at home. Among them is Twitch TV, which you can download from the Microsoft Store.
Before activating, ensure you have a Twitch account and your smartphone or PC near you to help input an activation code. When you’re all set, follow these steps to activate Twitch TV on your Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series.
- Navigate to your Xbox home screen and click the Microsoft Store
- In the search box, enter “Twitch” to start searching for the application
- In the results that display, click on the Twitch app to bring up its information page, then click on “Install All” to begin downloading
- Navigate back to the Xbox home screen after installation and select the Twitch app
- On the Twitch home screen, click on “Sign In,” located on the upper part of the page
- A screen will appear, prompting you to log in using another device. Take note of the six-digit code that displays on the same page
- Use your smartphone or desktop browser to visit https://www.twitch.tv/activate. Enter the six-digit activation code, then click on “Activate”
- A screen will notify you that the Twitch app for Xbox wants to access your Twitch account. Click on “Authorize” to link the app to your Twitch account
- You’re now ready to use Twitch services on your Xbox console
How to Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation
Sony Interactive Entertainment is the owner of the PlayStation (PS), which is the best-selling home console. It means that a lot of gamers own the console making it crucial to link it with their Twitch accounts.
Activating Twitch on a PlayStation 3,4, or 5 requires a Twitch account and a mobile smartphone or desktop to browse the internet. Once you’re ready, you can use either of these methods to set up Twitch on your PS.
- On your PlayStation home page, navigate to the settings icon located at the top of your dashboard
- In the settings menu, click on “Users and Accounts”
- A page shows up showing a sub-menu. Click on “Link with Other Services”
- “Twitch” and other services like Apple, Spotify, Twitter, and YouTube will appear. Click on Twitch to begin the process of linking
- An information page showing the features you get with linking Twitch shows up. Click on “Link Account,” located on the right side of the page
- A page showing the process of linking displays. First, you have to visit https://www.twitch.tv/activate on your smartphone or desktop
- You’ll get a six-digit code on the PlayStation Twitch app, then click “Activate”
- Your Twitch account will then ask you to authorize giving your PlayStation access to your Twitch account. Select “Authorize”
- Your PlayStation will show you that your Twitch account is now linked. Select “Done”
- You’re now ready to utilize Twitch services on your PlayStation
- On your PlayStation dashboard, navigate to the PlayStation Store
- Click on search and type in “Twitch”
- The Twitch application displays. Click on “Download” to install it
- After downloading, navigate back to the PlayStation homepage and click on the Twitch application
- Enter your Twitch username and password, then click on “Log in”
- A page showing a six-digit code displays. Save the code for the next step
- Use the browser on your computer or smartphone to navigate to https://www.twitch.tv/activate. Enter the six-digit code and click on “Activate”
- A prompt will display that asking you to authorize linking your PlayStation to your Twitch account. Click “Authorize,” and you’re now ready to use Twitch on your PS
How to Activate Twitch TV on Android
For a gamer, the fun never stops. It means that gaming on the move, preferably on an Android phone, is key. Fortunately, you can also utilize Twitch services while on the move, provided you have an internet connection.
Unlike on the Xbox and PlayStation, activating Twitch on Android is easier as you don’t require another device to input an activation code.
Here are the steps to activate Twitch TV on your Android phone.
- On your Android smartphone, navigate to the Play store
- In the search bar, type “Twitch TV” and click search
- Select the appropriate Twitch application. You’ll note it by the chatbot icon with eyes on a purple background. The provider of the app is Twitch Interactive Inc
- Install the Twitch app
- Upon installation, open the application to log in to your Twitch account.
- Input your Twitch username and password and click “Log in”
- You’re now ready to join the Twitch community and explore the various live games or start your stream
Start Streaming With Twitch TV on Your Gaming Console
Once you’re set up on your Xbox, PlayStation, or Android phone or tablet, you can explore the Twitch Tv community.
You’ll have access to various streams to watch or even start your stream and showcase your incredible gaming skills. In no time, you could even turn your gaming hobby into a full-blown career, making thousands of dollars every day on the platform.